1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For the first time I was able to watch Animal House

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Nov 3, 2007.

1. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

What BYH said. Get thee to a video store, and rent this and Blues Brothers (another movie you simply MUST see in its uncut version).

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I haven't seen Animal House on over-the-air TV. I imagine it can't be as bad as watching Fast Times on over-the-air TV, where Stacy Hamilton gets pregnant drinking lemonade.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

If the devil doesn't pop up on Larry's shoulder and say it, you ain't seen Animal House.

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

That was a screamin' deal back then -- I hadn't thought of this in years, but that was when you could either rent movies for a few bucks, or buy them for something ridiculous like a hundred bucks.

5. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Agree that you must see the uncut Animal House and Blue Brothers to fully appreciate them.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

The TV version of "Slap Shot" is funny after you've seen the original.

7. This is why I love the 'beat.
    Veal in a box?
    Classic.

8. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

From now, consider yourself on double secret probation!

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Geez, I feel old. :(

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Saw it at Warwick Mall Cinemas (R.I.) in July '78, a Friday night sneak preview a week before its official release.
    Awesome movie as a 15-year-old. At 45, it's still a classic - hasn't dated a bit.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

1980 and proud of it.
    But, I've seen this movie tons of times and love it. I bought it the second it came out on DVD. One of my favorite movies all time. And I echo the sentiment that you haven't seen it until you've seen the uncut version.

12. Colton

Colton Active Member

You haven't seen the real Animal House until you've seen the uncut version.

Compared to the uncut version, the TV version is awful. Just awful.

Draft saved Draft deleted