1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For the first time ever the New York Times is not endorsing a single Republican

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Nov 5, 2006.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Kids, this is what happens when you volunteer for lobotomies from the local community college.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Hockey will take you guys in when you vacate this country tomorrow.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Are you planning to leave if the Republicans do maintain control of one or both houses?

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

This liberal Roman Catholic is still awake, thank you.

A Democrat from the state senate came to my door Sunday afternoon, talking to the people in a re-election bid. Liked the guy, told him he got my vote based on his stance on the the two hot-topic issues here.

I'm not here to pump up liberals or blast conservatives. That won't get much done. Hopefully Congress will be filled with people who actually care to cut across party lines and get things done for the sake of the nation. This last Congress sure didn't do it.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This is bobblehead, there should be no doubt.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I'll agree with that Oz. People like O'Bama, Ford, and Coburn (a man who has been ripped big time on this board) have done just what you wish would happen. But he's pro-life, so he sucks to many of the extremists. I've read the posts.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dont you have a bridge to hide under somewhere?

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

No, not bobblehead, though I've seen those posts and I'd just as sure as hell be in the corner of bobble, trounced and bostock than wallowing in the left-wing abyss.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

bobble, don't be an idiot. People on these threads aren't as stupid as you think. Back to karate class you go.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

What country do you live in? That is just pollyanna BS.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm a hopeless optimist, always have been. So sue me.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Hopeless optimist is the perfect description. Hey, I wish it wasn't that way, but the system is such these days, that cutting across party lines and "getting things done" will make you a pariah in your own party and get you voted out of office by your consitituents. That's why even if the Dems take over, they'll eventually be done in by their own arrogance and corruption. Being a politician in Washington has become about one thing -- desperately clinging to power, by any means necessary. Ultimately, nothing good follows from that, no matter which side of the aisle you're on.

Draft saved Draft deleted