1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For the dog people

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by fmrsped, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Maybe the dog's just high-strung. I've heard a lot of Jack Russell's are like that.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Did you even read the original post? R. Deep does not have a Jack Russell.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

What's this about R. Deep's Jack Russell?

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Unless you can get into a small obedience class that has a knowledgeable instructor who is willing to spend a good deal of individual time with you, I don't see a standard obedience class helping you out.

(Avoid the hell out of the classes at the large pet stores, like Petco. They suck. You'll get some guy or girl who was working the register two weeks ago teaching your class for the extra cash.)

The one thing I've found helpful for most problems is this DVD: http://www.howtotalkdog.com/home.htm

It sounds goofy as hell and seems like an obvious scam, but the guy is absolutely amazing at training dogs. Heard him on a local radio show a month or so back. They brought this dog in from the pound, completely untrained and rather wild. In the span of three hours, while answering questions from callers and pitching his stuff, this guy had the pound dog sitting, staying, laying down and shaking.

I honestly don't know if it'll solve your problem, but it'll come closer than the average obedience class. And since the DVD is $71, if it works, you'll save at least $20.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

So R. Deep has a high-strung Jack Russell that pinch-hit for Jake Peavy?

6. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

In all seriousness, watch a few episodes of "Dog Whisperer" on Bravo. The guy knows his stuff on rehabbing dog behavior.

Draft saved Draft deleted