1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For the beer drinkers - how many of these have you done?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Nov 9, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The hardest part about the 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes thing is not inhaling too much air. You get the burbs, you're done.

2. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Six. I need to do more.

3. I've done 15.

1, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 19, 21, 24 (it was part of the job), 33, 34, 37.

I'm disappointed drinking a case of beer in one night wasn't on there. I would have had 16.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I've done 2, but I still have about 2 years left of college, so I'm going to get to work on doing more of them. I think I'll start tomorrow. I can't do the bar ones yet, but I'll start on those next summer.

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

6. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Twelve.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Fourteen, mostly the most harmless and generous of the ones on the list.

8. Fifteen: 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 18, 19, 21, 24, 26, 28, and 30. I'll be adding #36 in the near future.

#40 is classic: Go to your place of worship loaded.
    Not so loaded they’ll finger you as a walking incarnation of Demon Rum, just enough to make the droning sermons lip-bitingly hilarious. It’s often said that liquor can bring you closer to God, so just think how close you’ll be when you’re hammered in his house.

As I'm prone to say on Christian holy days: Get hammered for Jesus 'cause he got nailed for you!

9. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Exceptions are 5, 6, 14, 20, 34, 35, 40

I loosely defined a couple (what constitutes a 'crowded bar' exactly?)

10. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

I've been carried home, and I've made a fifth my bitch any number of times.

I'm thinking that's about it on that list.

I need to drink more.

11. My infamous alcohol moments:

Sometime in 1993 - A friend of a friend casts me in a Revolting Cocks video he's directing. The down times of the week long shoot are spent drinking fifths of Jack Daniels with Al Jourgensen while listening to hardcore honkytonk music. Also, the possibility of forming a Canned Heat tribute band becomes an inside joke.

Halloween 1996 - Consumed a fifth of Jack Daniels in under a minute. Was fine for about 30 minutes then everything looked like I was riding the Tilt-a-Whirl.

April 2005 - Drinking with coworkers at a bar. Go outside to see someone off and am denied reentry into the bar. I convince the bouncer to let me back in so that I can let the person driving me home know that I'll be outside. After fifteen minutes the bouncer enters the bar looking for me. He finds me at the bar with a pitcher of beer in each hand. I do not remember any of this. Coworkers filled in the details of my blackout.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Jesus, I was a drunk! 1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 19, 21, 26, 28, 30, 31, 32, 33, 36 and 40.

Draft saved Draft deleted