1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For the 100th anniversary of Les Glorieux, TSN picks the Habs' all-time team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Three lines and no Guy LaFleur?
    Zut alors.
    God, I am missing something not being in Canada this season.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm despondent to see the lack of love for the Gumper. Am I alone in wanting to remind the world about the awesomeness of the Gumper?

I vow this: My first lad will be named Lorne Gump Worsley 'Beat. And together, he and I, will spread the gospel of The Gumper!

3. I give them a litttle credit for trying to put together an actual hockey team and not an all-star team, but not that much credit.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

The thing is, an all-time Canadiens team wouldn't need a checking line. What's the point in checking the other team when your team always has the puck? Other than those times when the linesman is fishing it out of the other team's net, that is.

Even if the other team did have the puck on occasion, the defencemen and goaltending would be solid enough that there would be no need to worry.

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

TTIWWP -- Classic 1960s color NHL pictures, that is.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Here you go....the Pocket Rocket, Ed Giacomin and Jean Ratelle, back when the TV lights cast shadows on the ice. :)

[​IMG]

And here's one for HB. :D

[​IMG]

7. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Lafleur and Roy are obvious ones. Ask spnited about Morenz and Joliet.

Pocket, Laperriere (not much to look at but bigger role than 'arris and 'arper), Roadrunner and Lemaire would be there. JC ahead of Komisarek (top 2 D? an intern musta done the list).

Plante as No. 1 almost anybody else other than TSN's pick as No. 2.

On the flip side: Provost very deserving. Fergie has to be there.

Shutt weeps.

o-<

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Shutt, I knew I forgot someone.

This team reeks of them trying to outsmart themselves. Like Canada including Rob Zamuner on their 1998 Olympic team.

9. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Who put together this team, anyway? MLSE?

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Mike Komisarek (he just turned 27 a few days ago. and he's overrated) gets the call? No Roy or Guy? C'mon now.

11. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

As journalists, shouldn't we all be upet that Newsy Lalonde isn't on this list? I've read that at best he was a reporter before playing pro hockey or more likely worked somewhere in the paper plant.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Newsy Lalonde maybe, Sprague Cleghorn definitely.

Anybody who carried the puck into his zone risked losing their head as well as the puck.

Draft saved Draft deleted