1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Star Trek fans: RIP Majel Barrett-Roddenberry

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colonel Angus, Dec 18, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Confession: I had to look it up. But the whole thing always cracked me up.

And I don't think my wife would appreciate it if I started dating other women.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wow

3. outofplace

What? Y'all never heard of Wikipedia?

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Did she get turned into a cube?

5. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Takei and his longtime partner got married right before Prop 8 passed. He was on the radio quite often when they wanted to talk to someone about gay marriage

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Damn, I just watched "Trekkies" this week, and she was one of the better interviews.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nope, crystaline entity got her

8. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I think it's fantastic that she was able to voice the computer for the new movie.. but damn, what happens next? Who becomes the voice? Will there be a next? I've been a Trek fan longer than I can remember and I'm not hopeful about the new one. When you've loved Jim Kirk for 40 years, it's hard to accept another actor in the role.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

With all the lines of dialogue she's had as the computer over the various series and movies, I'm sure that some audio whiz could splice together whatever lines of dialogue they needed from the computer without needing to go to a new voice.

10. outofplace

That or it would take just one throwaway line about how strange it is since Starfleet changed the voice on the computers.

11. I think someone has attained the highest degree of dweebery possible for human beings.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Fixed and I salute you Outty. Excellent, excellent work.

Draft saved Draft deleted