1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Seattle: Satisfaction! For Pittsburgh: a chance to be insufferable again!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Because it was his first trip to Seattle since the debacle that was the Super Bowl.

And somewhere Angola is yelling "YES, YES, VALIDATION!!! EAT THAT OOP!!!"

Of course, this will only bring the standard Pittsburgh yinzer response of "but, but, but they took away an interception from Troy against the Colts that year and coach Hoodie cheated us out of our shot of making the 2001 Super Bowl!!!!"

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Don't worry. Holmgren will have his revenge.

:D

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Nah. I was thinking more along the lines of, "The Seahawks let Willie Parker run 75 yards untouched, into the end zone. And they let Randle-El throw a touchdown pass to Hines when everyone in the world knew the play was coming. Maybe a winning game plan should've started there and not with the refs."

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I should have said what I meant initially:

For OOP and Oz, a chance to be insufferable!

I know you guys never disappoint, whether it's salary caps, THE STEEELELELERERERERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kansas, THE PENGUINSNSNSNSNSNSS!!!!!!! etc.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yes. I am so insufferable. Lord knows how many threads I've managed to lock with my insufferable nature.

And with that, I'm done with this thread.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Funny that somebody whose entire focus on this thread is to be as much of a jackass about it as possible is calling me insufferable.

Am I going to make fun of the Seahawks fans who still cry over this? Yup, though I feel a little bit bad about it. Not enough to stop, but a little.

Am I going to make fun of the idiots who think the NFL fixed the game? Yup, because they deserve it for being stupid.

Now will somebody please help BYH out and tell him where Jerome Bettis is from?

7. outofplace

Oh, and I'm still waiting for a Steelers fan on this board to make that complaint about 2001. I know I haven't done it. But Zag sure does love to make shit up.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Does anyone know where Matt Hasselbeck is from?

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Certain people have a gene that allows them to go, "Nah, just not going to take the bait this time."

Others do not have said gene. That's what BYH was referring to.

10. outofplace

I get it. I'd rather just take another opportunity to make fun of people for being whiny and stupid.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

A dude who gets into pissing matches on virtually every single thread he posts in (not the geek ones, to be fair) should be able to handle a little poke. Especially when he freely admits just how, yes, insufferable he and his fellow Steelheads can be.

As I said, there are certain Steeldorks who have taken great glee in running their mouths over the last few years. And wow, they sure took the opportunity here to rise above.

12. outofplace

And it continues.

"I'm gonna start shit, but if anybody dares respond, I'm going to complain that they shouldn't respond."

And the wheels of self-delusion keep on turnin. I can handle a little poke just fine. You, on the other hand, seem to be having difficulty when it is turned back upon you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.