1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For NYSJ.com - Max Kellerman's delusions have gone to far!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Jul 27, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ok, I know Max Kellerman is a ridiculous homer. I should be used to it by now. I learned it for sure about a year ago when he tried to argue that the New York Giants had a top-5 player at every offensive skill position (Eli Manning?!)

Now he has gone to far. In speaking about the injury to Chase Utley, he tried to argue that Robinson Cano is the best second baseman in baseball. Some delusional point about how it's close, but you give the AL guy extra points? Never mind that the AL is more hitter-friendly. Never mind that Utley has more of a track record as a standout and is almost universally accepted as the best second baseman in the game with no real close contenders. His argument is almost too stupid to bother with, but I couldn't resist.

Just for the sake a look at the following three players. By the way, Player C bats leadoff. The other two do not

Player A: 79 runs, 17 HR, 82 RBI, .335 BA, .414 OBP, .582 slugging, 7 SB (caught 1 time)
    Player B: 53 runs, 8 HR, 52 RBI, .296 BA, .337 OBP, .451 slugging, 2 SB (caught 4 times)
    Player C: 65 runs, 7 hr, 34 RBI, .311 BA, .400 OBP, .446, 30 SB (caught six times)

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

You might be able to argue that Cano is as good as a one-handed Utley. Maybe. I don't believe it, but maybe.

/phanboy

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Canoe isn't even the best 2B in his division.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Good god, OOP, why are you even listening to Max Kellerman? The man is a moron.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Tonight Canoe won't even by the best 2B on the field. Oh, and what the old man said too.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I didn't realize that people took Max Kellerman seriously.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not....somebody else in my office had it on close enough that I overheard. Usually, the only time I'll listen to Kellerman is if he's filling in for Michael Kay. And then only because I can't stand Mike and the Mad Dog, so Kellerman is the lesser of two evils.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Where is far? And why did his delusions go there?

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Kellerman knows something about boxing, nothing else, right?

Unfortunately boxing is something I don't care anything about. And I am not sure I'd trust his boxing knowledge anyhow because he does seem like a guy whose head gets overwhelmed by his heart.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that people had given Max Kellerman another media job.

Draft saved Draft deleted