1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For New Yorkers still upset you were played by Herm Edwards

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Jan 7, 2007.

1. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Ha ha - Solo was nice - but no where near as nice as Stone Cold (ultimate B movie "I said check it fucking out", or "she is my house mouse")

Yes, I worked out at the intercollegiate athlete gym at the football stadium. They let me in as I was competing for my first national title and lifting the most weight so they wanted to motivate the other athletes. I played Rugby for Cal as well so I could have got in on that (but only for a short time as I wanted to focus on lifting).

Anyway, yeah we worked out at the same gym with tons of other guys who went pro (Zwatson, Hall, Tuatagaloa (sp?), Stussey, Ahanatu, Hendrickson, etc, etc.) and we all worked out together, well the strong guys.

Some guys wanted to spend more time with me to motivate and pick up some tips. Tony was always cool and worked hard. It was so long ago I can't remember exactly how much Tony & I worked out together but I remember there was a fair amount of interaction & remember some workouts.

I mean that is like asking what you ate for breakfast or how many miles you ran 15 years ago since this was between 1988-1992?

So, that is what happened. No I never claimed to have trained him. Yeah we all worked out together.

Whatever, you want to call that is fine by me.

John

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Yeah, I made the choice to stay away from that and go with the "total weapon" remark, whatever.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

How are those Ravens action figures working for you?

4. Dye - Is that all you have is recycling the same old tired lines?

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Sometimes I diagram your sentences.

6. Dye - You must be a McClatchy employee and I'll enjoy my nights with Kathy Bates. Try to decipher that one.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I'm glad to know you think "copy desk editor" is an insult. Stay classy, bub. ::)

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's only an insult if you're a small-minded, idiot reporter who thinks he's singularly more important than anybody else in his department.

I'm sure Whitlock has a copy editor he holds near and dear, who's saved his ass on multiple occasions. Most top writers do.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thanks for conjuring memories of the worst of 7th and 8th grade. (diagram that!)

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Second that. It really was that bad to watch.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Do you use the James Caan action figure for that?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Well, if Bill Rhoden had 1/10th the testosterone that Whitlock has, he would have written this column 2 years ago. But Rhoden, the perfect NYer to reveal the coach has no clothes,was too busy going MouthToAss on Herm, to type.

Draft saved Draft deleted