1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For my 1,000th post, I'd like to thank the man who made most of it possible

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Feb 6, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Weirdest. Obsession. Ever. Why anyone would expect Pitt to be a powerhouse but for Walt Harris is beyond me.

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Tom Emanski, watch out. Back-to-back-to-back Independence Bowls!

(or should that be Tmo Emanski?)

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

It's an honor, sir. (though I don't get all the vtriol regarding Wlat...like dooley said, it's fucking PITT. Greg Lee is more of a dickslap in my book).

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I could give a fuck about college football but that's a funny post.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Thanks BYM for reminding me how low the former lead singer of Survivor has sunk.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Sunk? I bet he's making more money off of those brilliant ads than he ever did off of Survivor... unless he gets a royalty every time Rocky III is on the tube.

I can respect the energy it takes to keep that much of a grudge against a completely random football coach. It must be exhausting. Funny work, though.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

He probably is making a bunch of money off the beer ads. But to go from being the lead singer of a decent rock band like Survivor (my first concert was Survivor opening for REO Speedwagon in 1982) to being a singer in a beer commercial (and a couple of Starbucks commercials) is pretty bad.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It could be worse. They could be playing the tour of volunteer fire hall benefits like .38 Special was a couple of years back.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Hail to the Wlat!

10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Given the source of the thread, I was really hoping there was to be some ragging on Ralph Willard, too. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted