1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'For Millennial Men, Gray Hair Is Welcome'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

50 shades of gray!

Ace likes this.
  2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

00nmoleculo1.jpg

Every time I see this thread my mind goes "Millenio, the Millennial Maaaaaaan!"

Big Circus likes this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

My dad went from salt-and-pepper mix to almost all-white in about a 4-6 month span in his early 50s.

I'm about 5 years past that now and mine is still mixed: a lot of my normal chestnut brown mixed in with gray.

Following my dad's precedent, I expect to go all white sometime in the next several years.

My dad kept rich thick hair his whole life until he had a cancer/ chemotherapy battle in his mid 60s. The docs told him he would lose almost all of his hair and little if any would come back, but four months after he was done with chemo it was almost all back except for a thin/ bald spot in the back.

They say you get your hair patterns from your mother's side; if so, I'm screwed, because all the males on that side went bald in their 30s.

But all the women in that side of the family: my mother, her sister and their mother, had thick hair their whole lives. My grandmother lived to 99 and still had a thick head of hair. My aunt is almost 80 and still has quite a mane.

Bottom line, I don't care much if it goes gray, as long as it doesn't fall out.

4. jpetrie18

jpetrie18 Member

For this millennial man, hair is welcome.

Draft saved Draft deleted