1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'For Millennial Men, Gray Hair Is Welcome'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

They can have mine if they want it so bad.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My first gray streak appeared quite naturally at age 19. It's no thing.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Not just guys. I've seen women doing the same thing. As with many millennial things, stupid.

And get off my lawn, you damn whippersnappers.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I saw a young woman, probably early 20s, at Target last week with a full head of gray hair. I thought she was either prematurely gray or older than she looked in her face. Now I get it.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Is dyeing the pubes gray an acceptable alternative to shaving? (Natural state being the one thing that's verboten of course.)

exmediahack likes this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

They could have taken that money invested in hair dye and used it for some jeans that fit...

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'm fine with my hair going naturally gray (although I'd never dye it that or any other color), but when it starts falling out, I'm fighting that to the bitter end.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't care if it goes snow white as long as it stays on my head.

I have a friend who is 34 and she just did the gray dye thing. She didn't go whole hog, it was more that it was streaked and tipped, the way they used to do with blonde dye but done in gray instead.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Starting going gray when I was 22. Very gray on the sides now, but I'm fine with it. My family went gray prematurely but no one ever went bald, so I'm good with that scenario.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Come from a long line of very premature grayers. Girl who sat behind me in high school used to pull the very few gray hairs I had back then from my otherwise black follicles. Had an uncle who was pretty much fully gray in his late twenties, I managed to outlast him by quite a bit.

On the flip side, the family heritage is we all tend to retain very healthy heads of hair throughout our lives.

So, I've always gone by the motto, "it goes gray, but it doesn't go away.'

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Just started going grey six months ago - mid 40s - and I'm fine with. I'll make a joke here or there about it but I kinda dig the look.

Full head of hair. Just getting a touch lighter.

The unusual part is that it grows differently now and I'm still getting used to that.

Draft saved Draft deleted