1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For GBNF and other Stevie Nicks fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Jun 12, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

And for Bob Seger fans, too:

Stevie covers Seger!

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In 30 seconds on YouTube, I found this, perhaps the most hilarious thing ever:

Stevie Nicks takes the piss out of the original epic video for "Stand Back"

3. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Heh. The one they ended up using was no great shakes, but it sure puts that to shame.

is how I'll remember it from now on, though. Three shows on the first leg of that tour ...

4. forever_town

That's a great version of "Stand Back." Almost as good as Live in Boston.

5. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Love the intro. Taku is a wild man on those bongos.

Indy (June 2003) was the last show we saw, a few months before they taped in Boston. Ten-hour drive from Pennsylvania, crashing at another friend's place in Columbus the night before. Fourth-row seats. Amazing concert -- maybe the best one I've ever seen, and I'm pushing 40. As we walked back to the car, I asked my friend, "Was it worth the trip?" His grin gave away the answer even before he said, "Hell, yeah. Where did you say they were going next?"

6. forever_town

I saw both MCI Center shows on that tour. The first one was the Lindsey show. The second one was all Stevie.

And I think she was even better on Stand Back than she was on Live in Boston.

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

MCI? I think I have a bootleg VHS from one of those shows ... yup, the first one, May 9. That was right before we saw them in Pittsburgh and Buffalo.

8. forever_town

I have that one on DVD.

I wish I could get the second MCI show on DVD. She pointed at me during "Beautiful Child" and she outdid Live in Boston with her twirls during "Stand Back."

Draft saved Draft deleted