1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For fathers of daughters...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Good God, I just read the third line of Springsteen's Secret Garden song ... definitely not for dads and daughters ...

As a dad with a daughter, Mayer's Daughter song is great. My wife hates it.

For all you impending dads: Don't be surprised if you break into song at some point while you're holding your child in your arms that first day. I'm the world's worst singer and immediately broke into song while she slept in mine. I didn't realize I was doing it until I looked up and saw my wife watching in disbelief, with tears in her eyes. Sorta surprised me, too.

My daughter's got her momma's blue eyes so I used to sing the opening verses of "Sweet Child O' Mine" when she was just a wee bit. (Though not on that first day :D)

2. Just to calm everyone down, I always thought Bruce's song was generally about mysteries you never can solve, love being the most obvious one.

3. I liked the version in which the DJ put the "Jerry Maguire" quotes in it. If it came on without the quotes, I changed it. Too. Damn. Slow.

Draft saved Draft deleted