1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Fathers Day ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Jun 15, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I had a great Father's Day. My son stayed the night at my mom's Saturday, so Sunday morning he called me at home and told me "Daddy, you have to come over and find your clues."

As it turned out, he and my mom had set up a scavenger hunt all around her property, leading me to my gifts, which was incredibly cute and fun, since he and I did the hunt together.

The gifts were the best kinds...ones Little Man and I get to use together.

He and I went to the swimming pool (till some idiot kid crapped in the pool and forced them to close it for several hours), he helped me mow the grass and we played until bedtime.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As long as you don't look back and sing "Cats in the Cradle", everything is good, right?

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

Mine too, March 28. It was tougher on my mom than me.
    I've done better than I thought I was going to.
    I think about him from time to time and miss talking to him.
    I knew he loved me and I loved him, so even though his death was unexpected, I was at peace with it because I knew he didn't suffer.
    All this Tim Russert stuff brought back some memories and reminded me I have to live for my kids.

Draft saved Draft deleted