1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For fans of "The Wire"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Baltimoreguy

Baltimoreguy Member

Kima Griggs used to live in Baltimore -- saw her in the produce section of Whole Foods one time. Insert your own joke about squeezing melons here.

As good as she looked on TV, she is incredibly beautiful in real life. Looking forward to catching up with her next Thursday, as I'm sure she'll remember the time we spent together.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Damn, that would rule. Wish I were in the neighborhood. I mean, not Hamsterdam or anything, but close enough to attend.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I might very well go to this thing. Thanks for the heads up.

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Damn, this looks like a great time. Take some photos!

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Baltimore is only a nine hour drive from Toronto....hmm..

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

This coincided with me becoming a worthless slob for the last couple of weeks as I re-watched seasons 4 and 5.

7. Baltimoreguy

Baltimoreguy Member

Let me know if you're going to go. I'm definitely going - my wife will come if we can get a sitter. The Museum of Industry is kind of cool in its own right, and its porch has an amazing view of the Harbor -- will be a great spot for cocktails and Kima-stalking.

8. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Because if anything deserves a random bump, its The Wire.

Omar vs. Brother Mouzone

9. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Another random bump.

I'm re-watching the entire series. Midway through Season 2.

An underrated season that contains DeAngelo's Gatsby speech and Omar's trial smackdown of Levy.

carry on

10. da el g

da el g Member

my wife gave me the boxed set for Christmas, have seen some parts of 3 seasons previously, can not wait to see it from episode 1 season 1

11. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Enjoy, you lucky S.O.B. :)

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Sepinwall has said several times Season 2 is his favorite, if it matters to any of the "Season 2 isn't as good!" posse.

Draft saved Draft deleted