1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Fans of "The Office"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hot and Rickety, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Best Buy ... the Welcome Aboard Gift Set.

2. Best Buy has a set that comes with a Schrute mini-bobblehead, a Dundie, and a "Welcome Aboard" certificate. As cool as all that is I'm getting my copy at Target. They have a set that comes with a Q&A from the Museum of Television and Radio. Yeah, yeah...geek alert. But I've enjoyed the Q&As from other series that included them (Freaks and Geeks and Arrested Development).

I'll be picking up Season 3 this weekend because my DVD player will be running Season 1 of 30 Rock nonstop as soon as I get to the store and pick up a copy. Which is going to happen, like, now!

Poof!

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

We're on the verge of walking out the door to get The Office. I'm so excited to rewatch the season today.

4. Many thanks for that! Gonna have to work a bit harder in trying to find the new episodes now that Apple has canned NBC shows from iTunes and, frankly, watching the U.S. version with German dubbing ain't quite fun. A lot gets lost in the translation!

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Watching season three now. So many episodes with hidden funnies that I'd forgotten.

Dwight and his gay-dar... a fantastic way to open the season.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Somehow, I managed to secure a copy of Season 3 a week early and so the wife and I are almost through the entire season. She'd never seen it, but I finally convinced her to give it a chance and now she can't get enough.

Anyway, I'm convinced that the Benihana Christmas might be my favorite episode ever. And the deleted scene with Ryan and Kelly in the dumpster only furthers that sentiment.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

We're watching all the deleted scenes as the season goes. It's fantastic. I want to record these to my laptop, use my video editing software, and make my own version of the office with the deleted scenes I would have kept.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I'm torn because I downloaded the whole season on iTunes this summer because that's when I finally got into the show. However, I'd also like to get the DVD's for the extras and deleted scenes but I don't know if it's worth it.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It's TOTALLY worth it. The Office extras are better than the shows usually.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yea, I have season 2, I wouldn't go that far but I know what you're saying.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

The fake PSA's are AMAZING on either Season One or Season two. And it took me almost an hour to get through the deleted scenes of Disc One from Season Three.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I don't have cable, so I hadn't seen Season Three before I picked up the DVD.

Christ, "Gay Witch Hunt" might be the funniest/most uncomfortable thing I've ever seen. One question: Was the gaydar Jim shipped Dwight a metal detector?

Draft saved Draft deleted