1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Christmas (or other appropriate holiday), I gave to me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

An ulcer for having to deal with my fantasy football league and what to do with a dead man's money.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

A flex-pack of 12 tickets to the local MLB team. I've already alerted my editor of the 12 days I'll need off next year. However, I picked games that would be on my traditional days off anyway.

I also bought tickets to Round 1 of the World Baseball Classic and will make a vacation out of it.

3. KG

KG Active Member

A couple of video games at game stop. The hubby is the game freak in the family, so they were originally his idea. I was just going along with the suggestion. After I started playing the first one, I really started to enjoy it.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I bought myself my gift yesterday...I was in a bookstore (otherwise known as death for my wallet) shopping for a few of my friends and on the bargain table, I saw the Python autobiography by The Pythons....and it was the cheapest thing I bought, the heaviest thing and I'm currently speed reading through my current book so I can start reading it.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

A short vacation.

6. Key

Key Well-Known Member

So does anyone else wrap their gift to themselves and place it under the tree marked "From Santa?" Umm, me neither...

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am taking the receipt for Green Acres back to Target tomorrow... dropped four bucks in price

8. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I'm going out on Boxing Day and finishing off the home theatre system I started building last year. Crossing my fingers for good deals.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Speaking of slow cookers (we have two), you can adapt any regular recipe --just reduce the amount of liquid by about half and if you're using dried herbs, put them in near the end.

10. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

The one thing I have done ...
    Instead of buying gifts for each other, my girlfriends and I -- about 5 of us -- pick a new upscale restaurant to go to each Christmas and we in turn spend $60-100 on ourselves. The best gift is spending time with each other and treating ourselves to a nice dinner and even better company.

Cougs ... that's an awesome gift! A good massage is incredible.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

You're nuts, going shopping on Boxing Day.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

I used to run with a bunch of girls who would do stuff like that ... Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc. ... special occasions called for a night out, dressed up, and enjoying good food and good company.

All my friends now are married and don't have time for such goofiness. <sigh>

Draft saved Draft deleted