1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Christmas (or other appropriate holiday), I gave to me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Dec 19, 2008.

1. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

a vacation somewhere even colder and more snowy than here! :-\

2. Flash

Flash Guest

I'm one of the few people in North America who got a raise this year. Sorry.

3. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

See you soon!

4. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I'm headed out to Vegas on the 27th on a newbie's salary, so I'm not buying anything for myself.

But the money I'm saving on being a cheaper gift-giver this year will probably end up on a craps table or in a G-string, so it's probably my most selfish holiday ever.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

if my flight home is screwed up expect a pm from me. i could see myself getting stuck in vegas.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I got a card from ijag!

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I need to get myself a Crock Pot (the only problem is, I have so little cabinet and storage space at my apartment that I have no idea where I'm going to put it) and I told all of my relatives and friends to get me giftcards to clothing stores, because I've been milking four pairs of jeans for about six months and I need a few more. I'm just thinking that if I hadn't gone jeans shopping in May, I'd only have two pair.

I usually get myself a gift at least once a year (it used to be as a celebration for making it through another year of school) and in May, for graduation, I got myself a new digital camera. I have the feeling that in the next year, I'm either going to have to seriously compromise what is on my iPod or get an 80 GB (if they haven't upped the minimum to 160 GB by then). I'm sitting at 21GB on my 30GB iPod, but I also come from the school of, "We don't throw anything out until it is no longer functional."

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm having the same iPod struggle. I really want a new one, since mine is a 1st or 2nd gen 10G one and I am constantly having to remove songs to fit new ones on. But there's nothing wrong with it and I feel bad about getting a new one and just discarding this one.

Oh, and about 20 minutes after my last post on this thread, I bought myself another present: a really cute sweater that was on super sale. Woo-hoo!

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

This is exactly my problem. I have a shuffle and I want to upgrade to one with a screen that holds playlists, but then I feel greedy. Especially after reading the Toys for Tots thread.

10. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

A lands end thermal shirt to match the one I gave mmsw.

11. accguy

accguy Member

I bought the NCAA Football 09 game and NBA Live 09 for my Xbox 360 on Black Friday. Also bought some golf-related stuff (some balls, gloves and a sweater) at a big closeout sale. Bought a new winter jacket as well, but I don't know if that was a gift or a necessity.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Awesome song.

Draft saved Draft deleted