1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Christmas (or other appropriate holiday), I gave to me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Dec 19, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

... the first two seasons of Green Acres
    ... American Experience "The West"

(Ms. Slappy always complains I buy everything I want for myself and I knew she wouldn't be getting these for me; and this year, I can't afford much more than that for me... last year's gift to myself was my computer)

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And a beeer in a treee

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

The most grossly appropriate handbag for the times.

You guys appreciate the symbolism, even if it is a bit of gallows humor.

People are stopping me in the streets over it.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Tiger Woods 2007 for my Xbox 360.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

An iPod Touch.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

You can't go wrong with 62 episodes of Eb Dawson, slap. That's a sure fire recipe to bring a smile to anyone's face.

I often do the same thing--end up buying some little things in November or early December that the wife would kind of like for Christmas present ideas, ya know. This year it was an old Sammy Hagar CD, "Danger Zone". I may be crazy, but I ain't no fool...

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

A couple of jerseys.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Funny, I thought about starting this very thread but forgot about it ...

A Nikon D40, a crock pot, a new DVD player (my old one broke), a night table for my bedroom, three pairs of Naughty Monkey shoes, the fluffiest, softest bathrobe in the history of the world (hi, dools!), a dress coat, and a bunch of other new clothes.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I'd love to ask you what kind of crock pot you got and if you like it, because I'm coveting one... But we're at war.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought about the D40, but just can't pull the trigger, even tho I could write it off...

11. Flash

Flash Guest

I bought a 3.7-qt Crock Pot, the Original Slow Cooker, from Wal-Mart for about 25 bucks. They are surprisingly cheap.

As well, good recipes seem hard to come by on the web (I guess it isn't the answer to everything), so I went to Chapters and bought a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook ... something around 400 recipes, from appetizers to soups and desserts.

I am anxiously awaiting my friend's French Toast recipe. Wake up to breakfast cooked? As a single girl, that's a dream.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

It's a basic model now, considering all the others Nikon has out now. I would have loved to get the D90 but I need a new pair of glasses (and when I make the health claim, it will pay for my 75-200 lens).

Draft saved Draft deleted