1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For all Pink Floyd fans......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Jan 4, 2008.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

saw them at Giants Stadium in 94 and it was great. didn't see them with Waters but a buddy
    who saw The Wall concert at Madison Square Garden said it was the best concert ever.
    i always thought Waters ego was the biggest obstacle to a reunion, but the guy is a
    f'n genius and probably should be more widely recognized and appreciated.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I attended the first U.S. show (Nassau Coliseum). No, you wouldn't rather sit at home and smoke dope. Trust me on this.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

great story. but saying gilmour is PF, could get you beaten in some states.

4. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

True, but compared to Jon Carin or some roadie he was.

Depending on the album, it all depends who the overall vision was. Early stuff was a collaboration. The Wall and The Final Cut decidedly Waters. Momentary Lapse... and The Division Bell were largely Gilmour.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i don't award winners by default.

i could make one helluva argument that waters was PF and not syd. you can't make the same argument for DG.

6. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I agree, throughout the history of the band in total it certainly would be Waters and/or Syd moreso than anyone else.

But for that snapshot in time in May 1994, when I didn't know any of the backstory on the infighting and rift, it would be Gilmour.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

of course. hell, in the bigger scheme of life, i hate the hell out of gilmour ... still wish i had experienced what you did, though. would be here bragging just like you. :D

awesome moment in life i hope you never forget.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and speaking of syd, this is pretty fucking cool ...

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

If you really crave live Floyd, be sure to catch the Aussie Pink Floyd Show. I've seen this show twice and came away impressed both times.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

what if you believe aussies are fucking idiots? still a good watch?

11. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Also saw the Division Bell tour in 94, this one at the Carrier Dome. Heck of a show but not the best I've ever seen. Seemed very driven by special effects, not so much by music. Just my two cents.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

maybe you just were too high.

Draft saved Draft deleted