1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For all Pink Floyd fans......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Jan 4, 2008.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

I saw them live in 1994, best show I've ever heard and seen.
    One of the greatest groups ever.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Where at?

My boss at my station at the time saw them at Mile High in Denver in 94. He has been to literally hundreds of big concerts. This one blew him away.

Another friend of mine saw him in Chicago that same year. Said it was unbelievable.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ahhh, fuck ya both.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

I saw Floyd in '94, too. Great experience and I'm glad I went, but to be honest, I wouldn't shell out a fortune to see them again.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Read the link provided upthread. It would cost more to buy that set than to buy the individual CDs.

How many of us who listen to Floyd have at least a few of their albums? Where would all those go for those who would buy this set? That and I've been warned by those much more into Floyd than I not to worry about completing the discography.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

You're right.

Basically all you need is "Dark Side of the Moon," "Wish You Were Here," "Animals" and "The Wall." Those are four great albums.

The rest of their catalogue, from "The Final Cut" on, is pretty pedestrian. Everything before "Dark Side" is overproduced bongwater.

Reminds me of what Slash once said about Mick Jagger --- "He should have blown his brains out after 'Some Girls.'"

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I loved The Final Cut. Very underrated and not played to death like some of their other albums. "Not Now, John" is my fave Floyd song not named "Wish You Were Here" or "Run Like Hell".

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and gilmour butchered the hell out of it, just like every other song waters wrote, sang first.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wish you were here.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I was never that interested in them until the 94 tour when I got to see their three shows in Philly. If they were on the radio I'd listen and enjoy but wouldn't go out of my way for their music.

The shows made me a convert. Best concerts I ever saw.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

THREE shows in philly? do tell.

12. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

My summer job was in a concession stand at the Vet. For concerts we worked out of the third base dugout looking straight at the stage.

I didn't know it at the time since I didn't know who he was but Gilmour came down and was talking with us before the gates opened since they were using the visitors clubhouse as a dressing room. I heard the British accent and knew he was traveling with the band, but didn't know that he WAS the band. After he left, somebody pointed out who it was.

Saw the Billy Joel/Elton John shows that summer too. Davey Johnston (Elton's guitar player) came out and watched part of Billy's set from the dugout since it was pretty well cordoned off from the fans.

Draft saved Draft deleted