1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For all Pink Floyd fans......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

http://www.amazon.com/Oh-Way-Box-Set-16/dp/B000X1LH6C/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1199507424&sr=1-1

All 14 Studio CD's in one big-ass box set.

I keep hearing rumors where Pink Floyd is going to do one with every CD (studio and live).

It is a possibility I would give one of my testicles for that one.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I wish I would have gotten into Pink Floyd when I was younger.

I'm listening to it all the time nowadays. I might have to pick this up.

3. the best floyd song most fans haven't even heard of:

no keyboard, gilmour screaming. one of my top five.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Junkie is wondering why he all of a sudden went woody.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Going back to the Led Zep thread where people were saying "I would/wouldn't give $500 per ticket to see them."

I would honestly pay whatever amount to see Pink Floyd.

Still can't believe that (I think it was Sony) who offered them 250 million to do a tour a couple years ago, and they turned it down.

I know it's not about the money, but sumamabitch.....1/4 BILLION?

6. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I'd settle for a decent DVD release of The Wall tour. I used to have an ultra-shitty VHS bootleg of one of the New York shows. That show was amazing even in it's seventh possibly eighth video generation glory. I thought they would release it on DVD when the live album of the tour came out. But alas, no. I heard that the London shows were not filmed and their apparently are no soundboard recordings of the New York shows. I find that hard to believe. I would think that they could at least sync up the audio from London with the film from New York. And why weren't the Los Angeles shows filmed and recorded? That's one of the hotbeds for both industries.
    Hopefully they're all "lost" like Hellhammer's demos.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Only problem with Floyd live is that they tend to try to make their live shows sound exactly like the studio version, right down to playing the songs in the same order as on the album. A friend told me he saw them on "The Wall" tour and they actually played behind a "brick" wall for most of the set, before "breaking down" the wall to reveal the band near the end.

What's the fucking point? I might as well sit at home, smoke dope and listen to the record.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Animals/Dark Side/Wish You Were Here-era Floyd as much as anyone, but I think seeing them live --- even with Roger Waters --- might be a disappointment.

As for them turning down $250M to reunite ... you're right, it goes a lot deeper than money. Roger Waters basically tried to kick Rick Wright out of the band every week for several years, and Wright and David Gilmour understandably haven't let bygones be bygones.

Getting them together for four songs at Live 8 was a minor miracle. Gilmour walked off the stage almost before the last song was even over.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I got into them near the end of high school, and I felt like an idiot for not listening sooner. Punk and classic rock were all I listened to for about two years, then the classic rock took a backseat. I really dig Floyd, but I can't tell you the last time I threw Dark Side into the player.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

I saw where Waters is actually wanting to possibly do something in the future, but Gilmour apparently wants no part of it. Don't think I would feel the same about seeing Pink Floyd sans Gilmour.

Waters is a huge charity buff. If he could convince the rest of them to donate the major portion of their bring-back to a certain charity, he would more than likely be willing to do it.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

RW has no idea why he just booked a flight to your town with a plan to kick your ass.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

waters is PF. fuck gilmour. he never sounded the same on the guitar after waters left anyway.

12. Waters wrote that song.

Draft saved Draft deleted