1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Footloose comes to life

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 8, 2009.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

The parents are the ones choosing to send them to a school with rules that govern their conduct outside of school, and paying for it when they could get a regular school for free. If you don't want that, pick one of the 99+% of schools that don't.

2. KG

KG Active Member

I wonder what this school would think about my church that totally rocks out sometimes with christian rock music.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

From the article:

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The timeline is all fucked-up. So he's going to be suspended in the future by a vote that happened in the recent past for a prom he hasn't attended yet but will in the future?

What a horribly-written story, but perhaps not the writer's fault considering the fucked-up-ness of it all.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I thought this was about the 2010 remake.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1068242/

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

BTW, this school has only five students in its senior class according to http://schools.privateschoolsreport.com/Ohio/Findlay/HeritageChristianSchool.html

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Q: Why are Baptists opposed to premarital sex?

A: It could lead to dancin'.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

That town really thought so little of itself that it allowed someone like John Lithgow to boss people around.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Ummmm, so the kid has to follow the school rules when he is not in school?

I couldn't swear in high school without getting in trouble, but they couldn't stop me from doing it at home.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

This is all Poison's fault.

Or maybe Krokus.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Believe it or not, I actually agree with you. It's a private school. It's their rules. If they want to extend the scope of their authority into the kids' private lives, well... the parents should have known that would be a condition of the school, especially a fundamentalist one. If they don't like it, I'm sure there's a more "dance friendly" option somewhere out there.

The dad definitely should NOT be filing a lawsuit here.

Draft saved Draft deleted