1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Football town, baseball town, etc.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rumpleforeskin, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Yeah, Pittsburgh is a football town first, second and third. If the Pens didn't have two of the three best players in the world, only the hockey die-hards would give a shit.

Also, Jacksonville is a town.

2. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

There is no question that Chicago is a football town. Period.

3. Scouter

Scouter Member

My thoughts exactly.

Remember, it wasn't too long ago that the Packers played some home games in Milwaukee. And I've never seen more people tailgate before a baseball game than I have the couple of times I went to Miller Park. Then after the game, I caught the local news at the hotel. The lead story? Who the Packers' final cuts were at training camp.

I'd say that qualifies Milwaukee as a football town.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

It can be argued that Milwaukee is a football town, but remember, both the J-S and the Milwaukee TV stations serve an area beyond Milwaukee itself.

Also remember that the Packers have been far better than the Brewers since the early 90s, so that plays a definite role.

Back in the 80s, when it was the other way around, and when the Bucks were a constant near-miss team, the Brewers and Bucks both got as much coverage as the Packers, maybe more.

I'd say Milwaukee is pretty evenly balanced.

Draft saved Draft deleted