1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Football stat sheets

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Johnny Chase, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Johnny Chase

Johnny Chase Member

I know, we have this thread every single year. But with high school football starting up (some states have already started), I figured this would be a good time.

So, anyone know of any good state sheets to use on Friday nights?

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You started this thread, same title and all, last year. What do you want from us?

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/3130104/

3. Johnny Chase

Johnny Chase Member

Just figure it's a good resource so people don't have to do a search. Always looking for good sheets to use as well.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

So bump the old thread. Why do we need another thread? The old thread has plenty of resources.

5. Clicked this thread wondering how long it would take for this. Was not disappointed.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, I like threads like this, and I don't see anything wrong with having it at the start of each season. And for my part, to repeat from the past:

YdLn Team No Play Yds XXX
    45 N 14 keeper right 3
    48 N offside -5 Pen-N
    43 N 14-32 swing ps right 18 1DP-N

That's in my reporter's notebook.

Then, one page of that notebook is ripped out and I keep all running stats on it. One team on each side. Under the individual running stats, four columns: 1st downs, penalties, punts, fumbles-lost.

You can have your boxscore and stats finished before your car gets moving out of the parking lot.

7. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

And to repeat what I did on the other thread ...

I have an Excel spreadsheet that I ginned up for stats ... you can either print it out on 8x14 paper, or load it up on your laptop and keep running stats (its set up to calculate individual and team rushing and passing totals) ... if you want a copy to try out, IM or email me ... and if there's anyone out there who I've sent a copy to, feel free to chip in with comments ... :)

Draft saved Draft deleted