1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Football question from the Snyder cut....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by daytonadan1983, Mar 20, 2021.

1. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

How the heck did Gotham City University get a home game with Wisconsin? What conference is GCU in? Does GCU share the rebuilt stadium that the Gotham City Rogues used in Dark Knight Rises?

These are questions you come up with on medical leave rather than argue with your far right social media folk about Joe Biden falling down.

I'll listen.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm not really up on the history of Cyborg, but I thought Victor Stone was supposed to play for Metropolis U. anyway.
    I thought StarLabs was supposed to be HQ'ed in Metropolis.
    But I guess in the Man of Steel Snyderverse, Metropolis and Gotham City are supposed to be sister cities across the bay from each other a/la San Francisco and Oakland, with Metropolis the gleaming high tech modernistic city and Gotham the gritty run-down dilapidated hellhole.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Their three-game series with Boise State expired in 2018.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Assuming GCU is a Division I school, it's conceivable they'd get a home game against Wisconsin. Wisconsin hasn't been shy about going on the road to play G5 schools. It's visited South Florida (2019), BYU (2017) and UNLV (201o) in the past decade. It doesn't have any scheduled in the 2020s, mostly because they're saving the non-conference road game for P5 opponents (Notre Dame in 2021, Washington State in 2023, Alabama in 2025, Pitt in 2027, UCLA in 2029).

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Are GCU nicknamed the Jokers or Penguins?

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The Bats...

Come on, man.

Batman likes this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

In most versions of Batman, aren't they usually the Gotham Knights?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I thought the Gotham Knights were a professional team. Otherwise, what the heck were they doing with Bill Cowher on the sideline and Hines Ward returning a kickoff for them?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The NCAA found out about it, and put the Cleveland Browns on probation.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

He got so pissed he blew them up.

JRoyal and Batman like this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Smith was great.

Draft saved Draft deleted