1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FOOTBALL PERSONS NEEDED

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by rserri, Jul 21, 2008.

1. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

After all of this being said, I tried to google search this "job listing" and it doesn't even return a company name.

does this thing even exist? Or is it a joke?

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Say hi to the CFL scouts for me.

3. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

The poster does leave an e-mail address in his profile: rick.serritella@gmail.com

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i hope to god you're not going to waste a cherry tart on this horse shit.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Googled his name and it came up on LinkedIn, for which I am a member.

Current job: * Publisher at NFL Draft Bible Publication

Dare I say, never heard of it?

6. Glen Rosales

Glen Rosales Member

I'm constantly amazed by the people who think writers write just for the fun of it. As if we don't have families to feed, mortgages to pay and creditors chasing our asses.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Unfrosted apple cinnamon. When I spit it up, I won't feel I've wasted anything.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

well then, god bless the sanctity of the cherry tart.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Agreed. Something like this cheapens every other job ad advertised on here. And I'd also venture that some SEs may think twice about posting a job on here because of that.

10. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I get the feeling I'll need to send them my bank account number and a little "good faith money" before they can get me anything.

I can see it all now.
    "Live from New Scamadonia! It's our NFL coverage, I'm Precious Roy, broke journalist! I have no idea who I'm working for, but I get to talk about sports!"

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I don't think so, Hank. We do our best to keep these listings on the freelance side, so there's no confusion with the paying gigs on the main jobs board. The marketplace then settles it for us -- anyone can read these threads and separate the half-baked from the fully baked.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Separation achieved.

Draft saved Draft deleted