1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Football overload?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MidwestSportsGuy, Dec 1, 2008.

1. dargan

dargan Active Member

Anybody else having trouble getting all your football teams knocked out of the playoffs? We've got three playing in state semifinals this weekend and I think our SE's gonna lose it.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

As a former colleague once told me, never root for more teams to make the playoffs than you have the resources to cover.

If you need a hand, PM me. I do some freelance stuff.

3. That may be true, but it's my firm belief that you still have to tell people WHAT HAPPENED the day before. I love a good long-form feature as much as anybody. I'm a columnist. But I still think hard news, including event coverage, MUST get prominent play somewhere on the section front every day if possible. Now we can debate how we present that in the Internet age, but you still have to give people news.

Draft saved Draft deleted