1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Football has become the most popular sport worldwide with a billion viewers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by rondembo, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hey, look at this, the 1 billion viewers is a popular urban myth! Shocking that a troll would spread lies, no?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_bowl#Television_coverage

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16877331/page/2/

So, troll:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

I really like cheese. Especially a nice vermont cheddar.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

rondembo is doing an excellent imitation of the more ignorant soccer bashers.

It's performance art, not actual trolling.

4. rondembo

rondembo New Member

You must be in the minority who don't watch the Super Bowl in Europe, or are a soccerhead who is trying to defend soccer.

Either way, I have been in Europe during the Super Bowl and it was massive. The Super Bowl was in every bar in London and everybody was talking about Tom Brady and kids were throwing nerf football's around buckingham palace. The game was on BBC and I heard on the 95.4 Sports Radio that over 39 million Britons watched the Super Bowl that year. I bet its the same in Paris, Rome, Amsterdam.

I know that football isn't played in Europe since its expensive and needs toughness to endure pain unlike tennis, soccer, basketball and other european sports. But that doesn't mean its not watched. Football is watched around the world just like our movies are watched, our TV shows are watched. America is a global hegemon and whatever is important in our culture simply spreads and becomes important in every culture since the world emulates America and wants to be like us.

5. TheSportsPredictor

Sorry, dumbo, your posts on the Boxing Scene forums where you bash football and praise soccer prove you're nothing but a fucktard.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

This has officially become comical.

The estimated population of Britain is 62 million. The Super Bowl doesn't draw two-thirds of the American population, let alone any other country.

7. TheSportsPredictor

Boom Nerd applies.

Apparently Boom Nerd was busy on the internets on 12/28/2008.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This is reaching Bandwagon Boy idiocy levels.

9. rondembo

rondembo New Member

The Super Bowl is easily the biggest sport event in America and virtually all Americans watch it, except children, women and the disabled.

10. TheSportsPredictor

Fuck off, fucker.

11. rondembo

rondembo New Member

You are quoting WIKIPEDIA as fact? You probably just edited that right now. Major networks have stated that a billion people watch the Super Bowl, I think I'd rather believe NBC and FOX rather some random guy posting things of the internet wikipedia page. Unless you can show me proof that the Super Bowl wasn't watched by a billion people, I think I'll believe the expert statisticians.

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

You're not even trying any more, troll.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.