1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Football exchange 2011

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Toby Carrig, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Toby Carrig

Toby Carrig Member

The football season snuck up on me.
    That's what happens when you're not producing a football section. It's budget season for the board of aldermen, after all.
    But, one of my favorite things is seeing all the work produced by others in sports around the country, and so I will happily coordinate collecting football sections from whoever wants to send them in and distributing them back so that you, too, can see what everyone is doing.
    Last year, we topped 40 papers, featuring a variety of markets. It included some APSE winners, the glossy magazines from the Albany (N.Y.) Times-Union and The State, of South Carolina, and generally some interesting material to look at.
    Anyone who wants to get in can do so.
    The only new stipulation this year is that if you can send me an address label, preferably sticky, so that I have a proper address to throw on the box, that would be swell. (Last year, one package of papers got lost in the mail, and it was one I recall the U.S. Postal Service telling me they had a different ZIP code for that location. If you can put a correct address — whether it is home or work — preferably on a label so I don't have to hunt around the Internets and use up too much tape mailing things back out, that would be swell.)
    OK, here's how it works:
    You send me a note via PM here, or email (tobyapse@yahoo.com), and I will send you my address to send them to me.
    Ideally, you send about 20 papers, and you will receive a like number in return. If it's just six papers, that's cool; I'll send you six back. Whatever you can scrape up.
    Let's go with a September 25 deadline, and I will effort to get them back in the mail in early October.
    I will update the list of participants on this thread.
    The more the merrier!
    Feel free to drop a line if you have any questions.

2. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

toby carrig, great american.
    i'm in.

3. Toby Carrig

Toby Carrig Member

Ten papers in so far. Room for many more.

4. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

Will you be throwing in a copy of the board of aldermen's budget? :)

Thanks for providing the service. Always fun to see what comes back.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Did these ever go out?

6. Toby Carrig

Toby Carrig Member

Not yet. Sorry for the delay. I was still getting packets recently (plus I figured I would throw in some World Series sections from the Post-Dispatch for the heck of it), and I will drop a line when they go out.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Excellent. Thanks for the update.

8. Toby Carrig

Toby Carrig Member

Papers are in the mail. Look for them early next week.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Thanks for doing this, Toby.

10. JohnSahly

JohnSahly New Member

My stack of papers arrived today, can't wait to dig through them. Thanks again for doing this, Toby.

Draft saved Draft deleted