1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Football coverage at a weekly

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by young-gun11, Jan 13, 2012.

1. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

We have three to write, edit, shoot and design our weekly. Myself, my boss (the publisher who does some layout), plus two PT people who are about .5 FTE each (one our sports reporter, the other does layout/design).

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

We have two for sports but we have six sections between us - one goes out Wednesday, three on Thursday, two on Friday. The Wednesday and one Friday are under the same name as a bi-weekly.
    The fall is a little easier because we have a football page that helps fill content, but in the winter we have trouble filling half our B section. Between shooting - and more so the processing of photos - writing, layout and gametime, we never have to worry about working an honest 40.

3. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Yes, fossy. We have as many ad reps as we do writers.
    We have a News Editor, Staff Writer, Sports Department (Me).

I write sports. Edit some news. Shoot the games. Lay out all four pages. All while being a good little boy and working just 37.5 hours a week.

4. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

we've got a staff of 5 for a DAILY

Draft saved Draft deleted