1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

foofs

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HoopsMcCann, Jul 1, 2007.

1. F8vortex

F8vortex Member

How can you be hatin on Mike and the Mad Dog? What better way to spend an hour and a half than analysis of Dog's weekend tennis match with his neighbor?

2. joe

joe Active Member

... hoppin' through the forest, pickin' up the field mice and boppin' 'em on the head.

3. Mike and Chris Russo are hardly foofs

foofs are clueless, don't know how to act in the press box, don't have any contacts or connections - they have zero sophistication regarding their job

you may hate Mike and Chris and their radio show, but they're not foofs

4. casty33

casty33 Active Member

They're also not (very often) in press boxes.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I had foof in a column draft the other day to describe an outgoing university president who was perceived to be clueless about athletics (I believe the phrase I used was "ineffectual foof"), but I cut it because I thought my readers might think I was implying that he was gay or something.

Why I thought that ... I don't know.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Because you thought your readers were intellectual foofs and didn't want to confuse them with ineffectual intellectual foofs.

Draft saved Draft deleted