1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Food stamp land

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Stitch, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Journalists tend to be assholes.

2. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Give me a jury trial and I'd never have to work again. The station would have shut down. Holy crap!

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Are you a journalist, host? I don't think I was asking for a confirmation of I already know and most of the country knows.

Stop the presses, there aren't a lot of rich people and they own most of the stuff in this country.

That is the definition of rich. They have more than others.

As for what others wrote about how far a salary goes, my wife stays home and takes care of the kids. If she worked, most of that money would go to day care.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Same here. I never thought it was an option for me, but I needed a second full-time job, badly, to keep all the bills paid.

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I mean, I'm not trying to be condescending or holier than thou. I am genuinely flabbergasted by the apparent state of affairs.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

You do come across that way.

The salaries in this business are an embarrassment. The way we allow our employers to treat us is an abomination.

When I said I was thinking about Section 8, I wasn't kidding.

7. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

How am I coming off as condescending? I could not be more genuine when I say I'm completely appalled to think there are people in our business who can't even afford food. I mean, I'm not writing in blue note. I'm deadly serious.

8. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Just like the French ;)

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I have a problem with 50-graf leads. Especially when he posts two (?!?) entire articles instead of just referring to them and providing a link.

Fortunately, there's a simple one-button solution. ;D

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You in the media? Why don't you do it?

And take down Grey Davis while you're at it.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Maybe he should start a BLOG! to do the work the lazy American journalists won't dare touch.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Because I was curious, in my state, if you made more than $6.40 an hour you wouldn't qualify.
    But if you had a family of four, and you were the sole provider, you could make nearly $27k a year and qualify.
    I think. It has some provisions about income and real property owned that would disqualify you.

Draft saved Draft deleted