1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Food pron or if you thought the baconator was awesome

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Bringing this back because I remember someone referencing the Taco Town commerical:

[​IMG]
    Saturday Night Live-inspired: crunchy beef taco with nacho cheese, lettuce, tomato and southwestern sauce wrapped in a soft flour tortilla with a layer of refried beans in between, then wrapped in a corn tortilla with a layer of Monterey Jack cheese in a deep fried gordita shell with guacamole sauce baked in a corn husk topped with pico de gallo, wrapped in a crepe, filled with egg, griere cheese, sausage and portobello mushrooms, all wrapped in a chicago-style deep dish pizza wrapped in a blueberry pancake and finally deep fried with spicy vegetarian chili dipping sauce.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Mystery Meat II

So I have this revelation for an entry to ThisIsWhyYoureFat.com. I have the items and the name in mind, but I'm not sure how I'd fix it. If anyone has any ideas, or wants to do it themselves and take credit for it, that's fine.

Five Guys, A Girl And A Pizza Place: Bacon cheeseburger with mushrooms, onion, green peppers, jalapenos (all grilled) and Cajun-style fries from Five Guys. A Spicy Chicken Filet sandwich (or, if they still have them, Spicy Chicken Nuggets) from Wendy's. And a supreme pizza from Papa John's.

Option one: Take the chicken filet or nuggets, some fries and a slice of the pizza, and put them inside the bacon cheeseburger

Option two: Kill the buns on both sandwiches (or just the burger if we go the nugget route). Put the burger patties, filling and filet/nuggets on a slice of the pizza (maybe only part of one patty or filet, depending on the size of the pizza slice). Layer fries on top of the burger/chicken/fixings. Flip another piece of the pizza on top to make a sandwich.

If I ever did this, the second option sounds more agreeable, but then you get into the logistics of that top slice of pizza -- how does it flip without making a mess?

Feasable? Not? Should I just kill myself more directly and avoid the foreplay?

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I wouldn't do supreme. That's too healthy. Do the meat-lovers pizza. :D Those toppings don't fall off as quickly either.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Meat, batter and deep fry it to make it stay together. And also to make it more awesomer.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You should put some Girl Scout cookies on that mofo.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Spread some nutella on it first, then add the girl scout cookies.
    Perfection.

7. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

instead of worrying about flipping a piece of pizza to make a sandwich, just fold the slice like a taco shell or roll the slice up like a pita sandwich. Either way, it's most definitely Good Eats.

8. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

I bought some Baconase the other night, but I'm afraid to use it.
    [​IMG]

9. Mystery Meat II

IJAG: That's true; veggies just make everything suck more
    AB: Most definitely. My only fear -- burning down the house because I suck at frying things
    Buck: Hmmmm ... the shortbread would be less intrusive, but the Samoas say "fuck it, I don't care", which is the point, right?
    Jay: Nutella is spreadable fail
    RSC: I thought about that, but if you have a burger patty or two and a chicken filet or nuggets, that might be too much to roll up easily. Unless I got the pizza unsliced, then put the burger and chicken on a quarter or even half of the pizza. If only Papa John's made stromboli.

10. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

there you go. Get the pizza unsliced, line up half with all the extras then fold in half like a calzone and cut into sections. Problem solved.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

First thing Monday, I'm buying stock in that company.

And yes, buying a jar.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'm strictly a Duke's guy, but I might have to make an exception in this case.

Draft saved Draft deleted