1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Food Network

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Splendid Splinter, Jul 24, 2020.

1. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I have just discovered "Fridge Wars," a CBC show transplanted to U.S. TV. I'm not sure which would be more embarrassing, to have my groceries appear there or on "Supermarket Stakeout."

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I really wanted Amy Schumer Learns to Cook to be good - it is not. BUT, I do like her husband. Seems like a good guy. She's just not very funny on the show and he's doing all the cooking.

3. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Saw some of that last weekend. I thought it was OK, but nothing else. Nothing I would ever seek out, but if it was on in the background while doing dishes or paying bills, I guess I could live with it for an episode or 2.

Would much rather watch some Beat Bobby Flay for a competition show.

4. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

he was on an episode of Man Fire Food and he was really good. He just seems like a really down to earth guy that would be fun to have a beer with. Agree, the show is not great because of her

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We watch that too. The "oh, let me call my celebrity friend because we are cooking something he or she loves" is annoying. But we still watch.

Moderator1 likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Mr. Sluggo likes this.
  7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

We watch a lot of cooking shows and have always enjoyed Justin Sutherland.

He was injured in a boating accident over the Fourth. He fell out of the boat and went into the prop.

He's going to recover according to reports. Remains hospitalized. Going to be a long recovery.

Draft saved Draft deleted