1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Foo Fighters

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UNCGrad, May 20, 2012.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

"Everlong" by a pretty good margin for me. Then "Walk" and "Learn to Fly."

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I kind of jacked my own post off topic earlier, but the point I was kind of getting at was that Nirvana may really have had a potential songwriter combo in Cobain-Grohl that might have rivaled Lennon-McCartney and Jagger-Richards if Cobain hadn't been really messed up in the head and allowed/ encouraged Grohl to participate more in the writing process.

But Nirvana was probably never meant to have a 30 year lifespan.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"Monkey Wrench" is my fave Foos song

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

So did anybody see their 3 1/2 hour club extravaganza Lollapalooza afterparty show in Chicago?

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Everlong came up at the end of my walk today. I love it when that happens

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Collier also has reflected on his recent 15 minutes of fame.

“Metallica knows who I am, the Foo Fighters know who I am,” the fifth-grader told Fox 4 KC. “Dave Grohl gave me a guitar, I’ve played at the Sprint Center, I think my bucket list is done."

Not so fast there, kid. You just qualified as an early contender for the Poin Files.

Chef2 likes this.
  8. RARist

RARist Member

I know this is late, but I have no idea how any of this is supposed to illustrate Foo Fighters.
    The effort is acknowledged, though.

9. RARist

RARist Member

But if want to mesh Beatles and Foo Fighters together, they've already done it.

McCartney plays drums on this track. Quickly moving up my list of top Foo songs:

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I still remember someone talking with Grohl about Prince. The question was asked who the better guitar player was?....Him or Grohl.......Grohl's response was along the line of "are you kidding me?......Prince was a better DRUMMER than I was."

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

12. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

I have a lot of nostalgia for the self-titled debut. "The Colour and the Shape" is a tremendous album and I also really like "There is Nothing Left to Lose." ("Generator" would go near the top of my favorite Foo songs, though I concur "Everlong" is the triumph -- a true classic.)

However ... I really can't listen to the new stuff. To my ears they have really devolved into some adult contemporary pap of late. (Not as bad as the Weezer freefall, but painful nonetheless.) But in totality the catalog has some great work.

Draft saved Draft deleted