1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Foo Fighters

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UNCGrad, May 20, 2012.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

On the topic of the Beatles, he's often irrational.
    But at least more considered and eloquent.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You said it better than I did.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Seeing Foo twice in October. I've seen Foo about a dozen times already. Grohl often jokes about others being better musicians, including the others in his own band. But he's pretty damn good and he's an excellent showman. If he's not having a shit ton of fun up there, he's one hell of an actor. I know a lot of music snobs (including several here) sneer at Foo and a lot of other popular musicians and groups. Their loss. Foo shows are fun and worth the price. I'll go see them every chance I get.

RARist likes this.
  4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

If they are so great, then why does Mr. T pity them so much?

(ba dum tiss)

Iron_chet and Buck like this.
  5. Moderator1

Well, he did fall off a stage and break his leg. So maybe it is that?

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I like a lot of the Foo Fighters' material.
    But if someone doesn't like the Foo Fighters, he/she is a snob?

7. Moderator1

No - not at all. But some of the music snobs I know seem to use Foo as an example. Maybe it is just me being defensive of one of my favorites.
    I worry about people who don't like Foo but most are NOT snobs. Some? Oh HELL YEAH.

Eager to hear the new one due out next month.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Seventeen years ago, on the way to bury my dad, I listened to "New Way Home" over and over, as loud as my car stereo would play, the song speaking to me in that moment in ways that are hard to pin down all these years later. The buildup when it's just Grohl and one guitar picking to the full-on thrash of the song's ending found me pounding the shit out of the steering wheel, screaming along to the lyrics. I didn't cry, but my face was flushed, red, raw. I just listened to it for the first time in years, and I got chills.

That's the power of music. And for that moment alone, alone in my car, I'll forever save a spot in my heart for the Foo Fighters.

Vombatus likes this.
  9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Not my cup of tea.

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

So what's everybody's favorite Foo song?

I can't pick just one, but my finalists would include The Pretender, Summer's End, For All The Cows, Monkeywrench, All My Life, Arlandria, Stacked Actors...

11. Moderator1

Everlong is No. 1
    Nos. 2-whatever change daily. But Everlong is always No. 1

wicked and bigpern23 like this.
  12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Everlong.
    My Hero is prolly 2.

Draft saved Draft deleted