1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fond du Lac/Plymouth, WI

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fly, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

I think I have one that can top Sioux Falls!

Looks like I'll have to make a trip to Fond du Lac next weekend, but I'll be hoteling in Plymouth since there aren't any decent, reasonable hotels in Fondy available (Central District hockey finals taking up all the good rooms). Any recommendations on good places for a meal in the area? I'm much more familiar with Madison and Milwaukee than I am the armpit, er, Fond du Lac area.

I've been told 8th Street Alehouse in Sheboygan is good, and if I have a wide-open expense account anywhere at the American Club in Kohler is great (not happenin'). Any other thoughts are appreciated.

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

I enjoyed staying here a few years ago:

http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/wisconsin-plymouth-52-stafford.html

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Blanck's Lake Aire Supper Club in Fond du Lac is tremendous if you're looking for a good Wisconsin fish fry. Just a bit north of the city on the western shore of Lake Winnebago.

http://www.blancks.net/

4. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

I have long believed that Fon du Lac is one of the most beautiful-sounding place names in America. I really can't think of anything that sounds nicer to the ear.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Tahoe sounds pretty good. And it's just 15 minutes from most places.

6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

If only Fondy was just a 15-minute drive for me late this week.

I knew this would be a tough one...thanks to Gutter and ifilus for the recommendations. :cheers:

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I've been to Blanck's. Supper clubs are Wisconsin through-and-through.

8. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

As long as the curds and burgers are good, I'm AOK.

Draft saved Draft deleted