1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Follow-along-with-JD-on-his-trek-to-the-Pacific-Northwest running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jul 25, 2010.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Going to see the House of Mud tomorrow?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Stop by and tell 'em I sent you...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I didn't pack any Slap Boudreaux's, but I do have some of this: www.slapyamama.com/

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Slap Ya Who indeed...

5. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

JD, congrats on the new job. If by chance the state you're moving to is Oregon, let me know if there's anything I can help you with.
    Looks like it's too late, but when we moved back to the NW we rented a Penske and towed our Malibu. What did you end up doing for getting stuff out this way?
    And I agree, moving is a pain. Especially when on a tight time frame. The highlight for me was knowing that, in all likelihood, I won't have to drive all the way through Nebraska anymore.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

We'll leave the light on for you.

We will (re)connect soon. A tour of Microville awaits.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Fill up with gas before you cross the border into Oregon. They don't like foreigners.

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Don't be silly.

They just don't like Californians. :)

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That sucks that I'm just now getting to this thread. We could've done lunch at the Loophole. Their nachos are awesome, and will give you a jet boost on your way west. :)

Give us a count on the number of XXX stores between Fort Worth and Amarillo. I put the over-under at 20.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Getting gas now in Wichita Falls, Texas.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That's like what, 15 minutes to Tahoe?

12. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Spoke to JD this morning after he sent me a text from Wichita Falls.

To commemorate this part of the journey, he was listening to "As Falls Wichita, So Falls Wichita Falls," an outstanding album by Pat Metheny and Lyle Mays. (And it might be part of the "Fandango" soundtrack, a personal fave of mine and JD's as well.)

Dude is truckin' through Texas in a Honda Civic and livin' to tell about it.

All the best in Oregon, JD, and to quote Samuel L. Jackson in "Pulp Fiction," well, "that's all there is to it, I'm fuckin' goin'."

Draft saved Draft deleted