1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Folksy Is As Folksy Does.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

W's the powerful guy in the room, who's about as funny as lung cancer . . . and doesn't know it.
    The syncophants will pat him on the shoulder.   Many others, brought up to be courteous,
    will simply look for the exits.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

This guy is an adolescent, not a President. He fell and busted his head on a coffee table, and wrecked his bicycle in Denmark... not to mention the whole Iraq thing.

Thanks for the pick-me-upper, FB.

3. sportsed

sportsed Guest

Yeah, I know. I have $3200 already ... I need $800.

Actually I don't. I can't believe it's still that much. :eek:

If you say it's worth it I may have to look (ha-ha) into it, although as a recovering diabetic I don't know if Lasik is possible.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Hey, don't drag me into this.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It wasn't an illness. He fucked his cornea up when it accidentally met a fork.

6. Jones

Jones Active Member

Idle speculation here, but I'm pretty sure the dude wouldn't have been wearing a flash pair of Raybans. I'm guessing he was wearing those midnight goggles that old folks wear after cataracts surgery, in which case, Bushie might have guessed that they weren't a fashion statement.

It's not the comfortable wheelchair, but it's not far off.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Good ol' Chris_L, spokesmonkey for the compassionate conservatives.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

"You look mighty comfortable"  and teasing a blind guy are Bush classics, but to me, the best one still is when he waved at Stevie Wonder.
    George Bush doesn't care about blind people indeeed.

9. That's Bingo right there.
    It was stupid, fratboy joking -- at best.
    I look in vain for people who have made Wallstein the butt of any jokes.
    Although the pretense of giving a damn is always entertaining in some folks.

10. Wallstein was the subject of a thread on FARK, was highlighted last night on The Daily Show and was the subject of numerous threads on lefty blogs.

He now forever will be remembered as "that blind guy Bush made fun of" not for the content or quality of his reporting.

People like you trample on people like Wallstein just to try to take a poke at Bush. Nice going. What did Wallstein ever do to you?

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

One of the all time great NFL receivers - Wesley Walker was "legally" blind

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's written at the top of the pictures.

Draft saved Draft deleted