1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Folksy Is As Folksy Does.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jun 14, 2006.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

2. As I said earlier - all this does is draw attention to Peter Wallsten's affliction. If The Daily Show picks up on it - then Peter Wallsten will always be "that blind guy". Nice going.

Bush was joking around with a reporter who had not mentioned his affliction to anyone at the White House. Bush sincerely apologized and Wallsten did not take offense. Yeah - I can see how you guys could think this was a big story. Poor Peter Wallsten gets to be the butt of jokes now just so the left can try to get its jollies.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And Bush is the embodiment of idiocy. I gave him 6 years to impress me; I'm neither side of the aisle, just someone who wants to be represented in front of the world by a person (man or woman) who knows what the hell he/she is doing.

I'm a dolt. I don't mind admitting this. But he's just a fucking imbecile. Hence my jokes about him. Come back to me, Lou, when your boy gives one speech in front of the world that doesn't sound like a baboon after a night of 8-balls.

4. sportsed

sportsed Guest

Cool ... I'm in!

Hey, can I borrow $800 from you?

5. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Well-handled by the reporter. I'd have been like "I'm blind, you stupid motherfucker!"

6. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

That would have been video worth seeing.

7. Buck - a better question may be how long has he had the affliction and also who knew. He may not have even told his bosses because he did not consider it job affecting. I understand that UV sun glasses are used to stem the progression of the affliction and many WH press conferences are normally held indoors.

More info on Stargardt's disease

http://www.mdsupport.org/library/stargrdt.html

8. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

waste o' paste.....what's the point?

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

$800? For LASIK? ... Doc, if you read this thread ... oh, hell, I'll get it myself. 8)

HA HA!!!!!
    [​IMG]

(Seriously, though, most credible places will charge you between $1,000-$4,000 for both eyes -- $2,500 is certainly reasonable -- but anything less than $1,000 is not somewhere I'd trust to use a laser on my eyeballs. ... The place I went to had a great payment plan, like $50-100 per month, they gave you plenty of options if you couldn't afford it up-front, which most can't. ... But hell, I'da gone into debt for 15 years if I knew how great it would be.)

10. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

Fucking breathless waiting for Thursday's edition

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Why didn't the White House Media Relations staff prep the President about Wallsten's blindness? I'm sure they have bios on every reporter.

12. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

The point is, it's funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted