1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Foley shot with a .2333 BAC.....damn!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riddick, Sep 14, 2006.

1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

[​IMG]

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I saw that story when it moved on the wire earlier tonight. I think the desk's response in unison was summed up with one word -- "Daaaaaaaaaaammmnnn."

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's the Crank Up the Enola Gay line that makes it art.

God bless Dan Jenkins, and everything he stands for.

4. joe

joe Active Member

Try 12 double-scotches in five hours. That will, my friends, make you forget your own name.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

About once a year, my fiancee (about 110 pounds or so) goes to a party and reconnects with her long lost friend tequila. The last time, she had something like six margaritas.
    Not good times.
    I knew she was going to puke, so I stayed close. Thank God I did. She had rolled over on her back and damn near aspirated. Scared the shit out of me. From now on, I cut her off at three or four.

On a lighter note, here's an alternate drunkenness scale...

.02-.05 -- Buzzed. Feeling mellow.
    .05-.08 -- Getting krunk (low end) to getting drunk (high end).
    .08-.10 -- Gimme the keys, big guy
    .10-.12 -- Shitfaced. The stage where the best drunken memories are made (for friends), since Drunk Guy is still functional and easily manipulated, as well as the worst (functionality leads to drunken hookups, skydives off balconies, etc.). This is the stage where one of my college buddies once scaled a trellis and, at another party, jumped from one third floor dorm window to another.
    .12-.15 -- Hugging the porcelain god. Also known as the "why the hell did I have that three wise men shot at last call?" stage.
    .15-.20 -- If DG is still upright, the drunk-dialing and/or "you're my best friend" stage. This is where one can be said to be "Drunker than Cooter Brown". By the way, Cooter Brown sounds like he'd be a fun guy to hang out with.
    .20-.2332 -- Bulletproof
    .2333 -- Not bulletproof
    .2333-.30 -- The "hospital or jail?" stage
    .30 and up -- Even cops, Cooter Brown and George W. (circa 1976) are impressed

6. NDub

NDub Guest

Batman, that's good stuff.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Woke up one morning with a pile of chilli cheese fries next to my head.

Had six Buds and five Long Island Teas.

Wife (girlfriend at the time) wasn't happy.

Draft saved Draft deleted