1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FNL Cuts Street and Smash

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by McNuggetsMan, Jul 8, 2008.

1. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

I hope I am not DBing this...

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2008/07/exclusive-frida.html

How are they going to dump Smash in the middle of the season? The Panthers were still fighting for a playoff spot when Season 2 ended.

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I'm actually glad they're leaving. Not because I don't like the characters, but because it doesn't make sense for the high school kids to be hanging around. They might've been able to pull it off if Street had remained an assistant coach, but I have no idea how they would've made it work with Smash.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

As long as Riggins and his never-ending supply of sweet ass is around, we're all good.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I swear to god, there has never been a less decipherable thread title to me. I had to click on the link to figure it out.

I am made of fail.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's going to be a busy season trying to get Street and Smash's storyline's wrapped up - hopefully bringing in some new characters to stir it up, perhaps wrap up the coach who got fired's storyline, all in just 13 episodes

6. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

I have no problem with them writing Street and Smash out of the show - especially since Street has already graduated and Smash should graduate at the end of this football season. My problem is that they cut off a football season in the middle and never resolved what happened. I really think they need to resolve the second football season before they move on to Saracen's senior year.

I'd like to see them spend the first 3-4 episodes wrapping up the football season - and have the Panthers miss the playoffs (hopefully because they don't have an offensive line to block for all those stars). Then spend the last 10 episodes having Saracen prepping for his senior year and having to lead a much younger team through spring practice/captain's workouts.

Of course what will probably happen will include dead hookers, space aliens and Julie dying and rising from the grave. And Minka Kelly becoming a lesbian. Actually that last storyline would be just fine.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Don't feel bad. I also had no idea what was going on.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I don't know what the hell is going on either.
    My fail is extra strong today.

9. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

seconded.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Every time I see this thread I think it's about the demise of Street & Smith.

11. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I applaud the show for tackling the issue of graduation head on — sorry, it was ripe for the taking — but what about the others who were due to graduate? Riggins?

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Like Riggins ever has a chance to get out of that town.

Draft saved Draft deleted