1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FNC: Fred Thompson of 'Law & Order' Considering Run for Oval Office in 2008

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I don't know where I was when Thompson ran for Senate, but I totally missed it. I was probably in that period when I was working two jobs, going to school and sometimes being married -- and sleep-walking through much of it.

Anyway, the first time I saw him on TV giving the Republican "rebuttal" to a Clinton speech, I said, "Hey, when did the Republicans start hiring actors to give their rebuttals for them?"

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Maybe with this guy:

[​IMG]

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Fred Thompson has the foreign relations experience our country needs in these troubled times.

As a top naval officer, he helped a maverick Russian sub captain flee the Communists and bring important nuclear submarine technology to our country, putting an effective end to the Cold War.

And as an air traffic controller, he worked with law enforcement in battling terrorists bent on harming innocent citizens. Fred Thompson's actions that day, and every day, have saved lives.

You owe your life to Fred Dalton Thompson and because of that, you owe him your vote.

On Election Day, vote for Fred Dalton Thompson.

Paid for by Thompson in '08. Serena Southerlyn, Treasurer.

4. You should play up his vital role as a NASCAR track owner. It'll help him carry the South.

5. Nice to see he's open enough on gender diversity to hire Serena back.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

That's for another ad campaign.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

We could do worse. In fact, we likely will.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

To quote his role from Hunt for Red October: "This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it."

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I never like him on Law & Order. What's a Southerner doing in NYC? I miss that old, grey-haired, scraggly voiced guy. I could believe he was the NYC DA.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"Ya got bubkes. Take the deal."

11. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Stephen Hill. He never wanted to leave L&O. Still, better than Diane Wiest. OK, that's your L&O update, now back to your regularly schedules programming.

12. A great Adam Schiff moment on just last night:
    (To McCoy and Ross)
    You two take a lot of liberties.

Draft saved Draft deleted