1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flu shots

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Nov 6, 2006.

?

You get a flu shot:

1. Every year

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Most years

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. Rarely

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Never

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Woman at work had the shot last Monday and has been very sick and will miss her 6th day in row on Tuesday. No thanks.

2. Flu shots are the gateway to tetanus shots. And tetanus leads to varicella which in turn leads to pertusis.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Dating back to the Swine Flue scare when I was in college, I have avoided all such vaccinations.

Do I get the flu? Once in a while. Most years, not really.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I've gotten a flu shot every year since 2000 or 2001 except the year there was a shortage. Didn't get sick that year, but I've never gotten the full-fledged flu in the years I got the shots either. So I'll be getting one.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

6. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

I hope that I missed the sarcasm font...as I scratch my head in wonder.

And for those of you between 18 and 50, there is a nasal flu vaccine available sans needle!

7. pallister

pallister Guest

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Not a chance.

There's a certain beauty in coming down with a cold and knowing that your body has the strength to whip its ass in a week and a half tops.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you have any kind of respiratory problems, they are a must.

Still not sure what to do about my 3-year-old daugther. I've always heard they should get one at that age, but her pediatrician said she didn't need it. I guess I'll go with the doctor's opinion.

10. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Our place provides one for all full-time employees and their spouses. So I get one annually.

You can't get the flu from a flu shot. You might somehow convince your body that you're sick, but it isn't the flu.

Sincerely,
    Dr. Dick

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Ours does, too. They're doing the shots tomorrow ... at noon. Given the commute, I'm not going to work four-plus hours early for one shot.

Besides, last I time I got the flu shot just so happened to be the last winter I came down with the flu. I don't know how that works, but that's what happened at my last stop. So never again.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Mine provides the shots, assuming I provide the money.

I'm in good enough physical health (and poor enough financial) that I think I can get by without one

Draft saved Draft deleted