1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Floyd Mayweather, Jr. vs. Canelo Alvarez (running thread)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oscar Gamble, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

10th round: Canelo had a good flurry with about a minute left in the round but it looked like Mayweather was coasting and landed more punch in this round too.

cut to Jack Nicholson in the crowd as the 11th round starts

2. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

11th round ends and Mayweather is winning this fight BIG. Canelo needs a knockout to win.

3. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

It's all over except for the announcement of the judges' totals. Mayweather should be an unanimous winner.

4. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Judges' verdict: majority decision 114-114, 116-112, 117-111 in favor of Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Majority decision. Classic.

Boxing sinks a little lower every chance it gets.

6. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

UK announcer can't believe that a judge sat there near the ring and scored it a draw. A travesty.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I saw the post of the scores and before I scrolled down I sent to a friend "SOMEONE HAD THAT FIGHT SPLIT?"

I mean, I don't watch boxing and I know that wasn't even a competition. Mayweather was just toying with him from about 6 on.

Canelo should have stayed cut instead of bloating up.

8. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Mayweather in his interview on Showtime tells everybody to go to his website & buy a hat and a shirt. Guess that $135 million in his checking account isn't enough. He needs more money. LOL

9. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

C. J. Ross was the judge that called the fight a draw. She's, yes a female boxing judge, made other bad calls, just google her name.

10. TurnTwo2

TurnTwo2 Member

He already has that money on the Cowboys tomorrow, I'm sure. He's going to need some merchandise profits to take care of his other debts.

11. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

The UK BoxNation feed in post one (still active) has switched to the controversial June 2000 Sugar Shane Mosley vs. Oscar De La Hoya fight in LA.

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Awful scoring...as usual.
    I scored it 118-110, not even close.

Draft saved Draft deleted