1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Floyd Landis finally admits to PEDs...for most of his career

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, May 20, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Since Armstrong is among those accused of cheating I fully expect everyone to bury their head in the sand rather than actually do a legitimate investigation as to whether Mr. Livestrong cheated.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Hasn't that been done the past decade? Not saying he didn't, but I'm sure there's been reporting and digging because getting such a story would be the PED mother lode.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Rick Reilly got on the phone.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

SI.com is mentioning Armstrong's name. Ahem.

Report: Landis admits doping, fingers Armstrong

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Did anybody with a shred of intelligence ever believe Armstrong was clean?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Bigger news: That cyclists use PEDs or the Galea HGH probe that's linked to several NFL, MLB and one PGA Tour pro?

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's all become so numbing. But Galea is the bigger story.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Boy, I really hope this does not hurt the popularity of professional cycling in America.

Dog bites man.

Armstrong on juice? As shocking as sale on mattresses.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If you read this from the WSJ report....

....please explain to me why these idiots agree to collaborate with other idiots who may eventually get nailed and out them.

As to whether anyone believes Lance is clean or dirty, he can still cling to the fact that he has been tested and tested and tested, with no positive results. That is enough for the general public, who doesn't understand a whole lot about the general subject.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

SI had a story a couple years back that was killed for reasons that had nothing to do with the story's accuracy.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

As far as you know.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

SI makes a lot more money selling magazines and bragging about its role in the word of PED investigations than it does protecting athletes. Why hold the story if it was solid?

Draft saved Draft deleted