1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Floyd Landis finally admits to PEDs...for most of his career

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, May 20, 2010.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

And it sounds like he's taking everyone else down with him.

Would love to hear how this finally surfaced.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=5203604&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

2. John

John Well-Known Member

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I am shocked!

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The WSJ story says Landis wouldn't comment or respond to their calls...but apparently he gave this long interview to Bonnie at espn.com. I know she posts here infrequently, but would be curious to know whether she got him to talk, or if he decided to give the story to espn, or what happened there.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

It was nice of him to waste our fucking time for, what, 2-3 years?

6. joe king

joe king Active Member

Looks like the latest version of the ESPN story has had Lance's name removed from it.

I'm guessing it's not because Landis didn't implicate him but because ESPN didn't want to get the Wrath of Lance for singling his name out when there's no proof -- just Landis saying he gave Lance's name to the authorities.

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I remember watching Stage 17 and saying out loud when he crossed the finish line and started shoving people "My God, he's got roid rage."
    I also still say "Floyd won." They handed the title to Periero without the benefit of all the testing. Does anyone think he was clean? Or the next guy, or the next guy, etc.? Some form of PED began being used in the Tour by the second stage in 1903 (the first one) if not before. The playing field was level.

Know that, accept it and enjoy the show. That's what it's really all about, the show.

I used to be a licensed competitive racer. I've known of incidences where guys doped when there was nothing more on the line than a T-shirt, plastic trophy and a large bottle of chain lube. (This falls under the category of someone needing serious help!) I always used to say as long as they don't test for beer and chicken wings, I'm good. ;D

8. Shoeless Joe

More keeps coming out on this. Landis claims a fridge in Lance's apartment was used to store blood for the two of them, George Hincapie, Levi and Dave Z. He says Postal paid off the UCI with bribes. He also says he can't prove any of it. If he can't I'd imagine legally, doping will be the least of his worries.

I don't really doubt most of it, but before you go making accusations like that you'd better have a smoking gun.

I can't believe he threw Dave Z under the bus. They are were best friends, even living together for quite a while.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You need a license?

10. Shoeless Joe

If you are going to race in any sanctioned events you do.

It's like a fishing license or anything else. Do you need it to properly participate in said activity? No. But the powers that be want their $50 a year for their blessing.

11. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Shoeless Joe

keep your mouth shut and don't ever rat on your friends.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted