1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Florida Times-Union colunmnist

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by OrangeGrad, Aug 30, 2006.

1. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

It's not the right buttcheek. It's the balloon knot.

2. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Has this job really not been filled a month into football season? Maybe Sidney Lowe is available. ...

3. Jinga_Thomson

Jinga_Thomson Member

The power of boots compels us.

4. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

Akron didn't have anything to do with it, Reed is moving to Columbus to write features for The Dispatch.
    I said on Page 1 of this thread he wouldn't leave Ohio, and he didn't. Somehow that was interpreted as a slam at Jacksonville. It wasn't meant to be.
    Reed and his wife are from the Pa/Ohio region. He's staying in the region. Not a shock for those that know Tom and his wife.
    Also not meant as a shot at the Jacksonville area. Clearly this is a fine position. Good luck to those that have applied. Although at this point, one wonders if they're really going to hire someone at all to save payroll, or promote from within.

5. boots

boots New Member

Word is nothing will happen with this position until the new year. It saves money and who knows, the paper is contemplating going on without a voice. Goodness knows that a voice didn't make the TU better or more respected.

6. Scott_Kendrick

Scott_Kendrick New Member

Setting the record straight from inside the newsroom (and posting under my real name):

The position is open and interviews are ongoing. We're under no freeze. While many of us like this site and we laugh at some of the half-truths and outright lies about our staff and department that are posted here, we don't want incorrect information treated as the truth, either.

7. powerplay

powerplay Member

Scott,

I need to PM you.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This would mean that boots is wrong. Is that even possible?

9. boots

boots New Member

10. Jinga_Thomson

Jinga_Thomson Member

Yeah, because early October is virtually 2007.

11. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I'm still writing 2006 on my checks.

Oh, really now, who still writes checks?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I do. As a matter of fact, yours is in the mail.

Draft saved Draft deleted